using iPhone dock in Australia; voltage issues?

My iPhone arrived today, imported from the USA, unlocked and absolutely amazing :D I love it.

Obviously, it came with those funny american power prongs, so I swapped it out with the equally-amusing Australian duckhead prongs I had laying around from my MacBook Pro power attachment.

Before I use it though, it there going to be any problems charging the iPhone from the wall socket in Australia? I know the voltages are different, but I'm no expert at how it all works.

I'd hate to fry it is all.

All Apple products tend to come with an adapter that works with 110-240 V. So just change the prong part of your adapter (if it's the same brick type than the other products, maybe use a spare of your iPod or other charger for it).
It's odd that it isn't specifically mentioned in tech specs or manual, but it should be mentioned somewhere. In the box perhaps? Or in the charger itself, there has to be a notification of the supported voltage. I would be very surprised if it would not be 110-240 autoswitching, considering the phones are for a very mobile audience.

thanks for the help guys -- just posting to say I took the plunge and plugged it in. All is fine :)

So for future reference, I can confirm it is OK to use the power brick that comes with the iPhone in an Australian outlet.

Back