using mac the ripper

stretch67

Registered
Dear techs

I am currently trying to back up family footage and photos from dvds and videos. I am having trouble with the dvds. I am using mac the ripper on a mac 10.4.6 operating system. The issue is that every time i try to extract the footage mac the ripper gives it to me in bits and i don't know how to join the footage back together. Also the files that it produces are very large and Im don't know how to compress them. i have iSquint installed on my computer and i the dvd i am trying to extract that Im having the most trouble with is my professionally made wedding footage (don't know if these details are relevant)
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers stretch67

p.s. i am hoping to do this backing up without buying new software so freeware is preferable

To back up DVDs you've MADE (ie: non-commercial ones), you can make dis images of them with the included Disc Utility application

Dear techs

I am currently trying to back up family footage and photos from dvds and videos. I am having trouble with the dvds. I am using mac the ripper on a mac 10.4.6 operating system. ...
This is a side issue, but it is important. Mac the Ripper is abandonware. It has been out of development for years. Also, I am curious why you have not updated your OS. You should run Software Update so that you can update MacOS X 10.4.6 to MacOS X 10.4.11 and your free Apple applications will update to their most recent versions. The updates will include years of security fixes.

Back