Using Preview

jamike

Registered
I am a switcher from Windows, and I cannot figure out how to use Mac OS X to preview pictures in a folder. In Win, I used Fax & Picture Viewer to simply open a picture and then when I hit an arrow it would move on to the next picture. I know Preview can do this if I select all the pictures in a folder and open them all. But isn't there a way to make it open all the pics in a given folder by default? I always open one picture and hit an arrow wondering why it doesn't move on to the next one.

Thanks.

I don't know of a way to get Preview to do that but ImageBrowser will do it. ImageBrowser

In Finder you can see thumbnails of all the images in a folder by setting your view options, under View -> View Options. If you choose Icon view for the window then you'll see an option Show icon preview. You can also set the size.

JView is a free image viewer. It handles a limited number of file types, but it is very convenient to use to view a lot of files in one place. Just hold down the Command key and hit right or left arrow.

Back