Utilities not executing

leojose

Registered
Hi all,

I'm trying to execute NetInfo manager but it doesn't seem to run. Could it be something I did? To get more disk space on the boot partition, I move all the application and Utilities files to the other (Data) partition. There was no error messages when I did, so I assume everything went fine. But now I'm unable to run some of the utilities. I copied them back to the original location, but even that didn't help.
What do I do?

PS: I don't have the setup disk with me right now.

After researching into the problem and getting help from some elite members I was able to conclude that the Netinfo manager application was of an older version of MAC (pre-Tiger version). That is why my MAC OS v10.4 was not allowing me to open that application.
If any of you have faced similar problems then do post it here.

To get more disk space on the boot partition, I move all the application and Utilities files to the other (Data) partition.

Not a good idea. Any apps provided by Apple should remain in their default location.

This is most likely why the app won't open.

And, just incase, don't change the names of your drives (partitions) on user names, without doing some research. Otherwise you could find yourself in deep doo doo :)

bobw said:
And, just incase, don't change the names of your drives (partitions) on user names, without doing some research. Otherwise you could find yourself in deep doo doo :)

oops...i just did :eek:

I have changed the partition names and I really think it could be one of the reasons why things are not working properly :(

Do you think renaming them back to what they were will restore everything? Unfortunately I can't even remember what their names were before I changed them.

PS: I don't have the setup disk with me right now.

Doing the things you're doing, I would get your OS disc as soon as possible. You may need it.

Top partition was 'Boot_Partition'
next was 'Data_Partition'

Those were the names I gave a week back...I was referring to those when I said so... :(
The actual names were something like HD...and then the size of the partition.(not sure though)

Back