Vampire: The Masquerade Redemption

Flanjoo

Registered
I recently purchased V:TMR under the instructions of a friend of mine. From what I've played of it, I think it's absolutely excellent!

But that's not why I've started this thread. About a 6th into the game, Teutonic Knight Base 1 (I think it's called...), the game quits. No matter what I try, no matter what I do, it simply quits.

I'm running a dual 867 MHz G4, in OS 10.3.4 with 1.25 GB's of RAM. So it's probably not a hardware problem. The game only runs in OS9, incidentally.

Does anyone know how to fix my woe? I don't want to have spent £20 for a little chunk of an otherwise fantastic game...

the it sounds like, you will need to wait for a patch or something like that. Did you consult the service hotline yet?

I sent the folks at Macsoft an eMail, but that was ages ago. I have a feeling they've cut off support to V:TMR, which is really annoying. I was hoping someone here would know how to fix it up.

Do you have the graphics settings cranked up? I recall there being an issue where if I played with the graphics settings cranked up, there'd be a particular object that I'd look at that would crash the game. However, that was back when I was using a standard Radeon. Once I upgraded to a Radeon 8500 the problem went away. I believe your system comes with a Radeon 9000 so you might not be experiencing the exact same problem, but it still might be worth a try.

Back