Verizon e-mail on mac mail

95% of smtp traffic uses port 25. If that's not working for you, contact Verizon and find out if you need an SSL connection, and if so what port number it uses.

I am also having trouble with Verizon as a POP account on my iBook in Mail. Yesterday I added a sub account to my Verizon. I've been using Verizon with Mail for about three years through the Mail program with my other subaccount and no problems. So I set up the new sub account using the old incoming/outgoing/password etc as a template. It seems I can receive emails, but every time I try to send an email outgoing Mail offers up other servers (which also don't work) and says there is some kind of authentication error.

I'm a pretty savvy computer user, although I've only used Mac for four years I've been using PCs for about 15. I am 99.99% sure (who can be 100% about anything?) that I have all the information correctly inserted. Verizon support (durrr dahh) say that everything is configured fine on their side and that I should call Mac because they don't "support" Mail. I did follow everyone's lovely advise and try port 587 and then called to ask Verizon about using SSL or a different port number. You'd think I was speaking Greek. Unless the support person is higher level there is NO mac suppport at all with Verizon (funny, as I've been using Verizon DSL on my MAC for THREE YEARS - sorry to shout). Maybe it's a Massachusetts thing but if I were that bad at my job, I'd be fired.

Anyhoo, it is all very mysterious.
Please let me know if more information is needed.

Back