Very disappointing that there was no upgrade from 10.1.5 to Jaguar!

Should there have been a reasonably-priced upgrade option from 10.1.5 to Jaguar?

• Yes, Apple could have shown more sympathy

• No, I believe that Apple deserves all the money to continue development

• I'm a new user, what's 10.1.5?

Results are only viewable after voting.

cogillws

Registered
For all the committed Mac Addicts, it was quite disappointing that Apple offered no upgrade to the new Jaguar OS 10.2 .
It wouldn't have been so bad if the current apps had been compatible with the old 10.1.5, but now many of them aren't !
It would ALSO have been better if they would have made a public statement about their hard-faced stance.
It would have REALLY been nice if the marketing chap whom I mailed, would have replied (bevans@apple.com)

To all the happy users out there.... Welcome.....
Tough world hey ?

Tell me what you think ? Should there have been a reasonably-priced upgrade?

Jaguar was well worth its 129$. Even 10.1 would have been worth 129$, if I hadn't paid 129$ for 10.0, but as the upgrade to 10.1 was free, I'm perfectly happy.

Don't expect everything to be free. Pay for good software, I say.

I think the question arose about the time frame within which the new upgrade was made available....some who had only purchased pre-Jaguar were 'forced' to fork out the same dough 6 months later ! THERE'S the rub Steve !

So the only way I could justify it to myself was to wait about 10 months.....see? I'm NOT a cheapskate after all !

Back