very frustrating problem - please help

mobbb

Registered
Hi,

I need to install central european (polish) fonts on my two workstations
1 - powerbook g4 os x 10.4.5
2 - powermac g4 dual proc. os x 10.4.5

I have installed the CE fonts in the font book, I also added them to the system font folder.

When I use the textedit I see all the Polish characters with no problem, however if I open the document in Word or in inDesign or any other app. it does not recognize the font, and it leaves the letters with polish characters blank.

I can view Polish websites with no problem.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

mobbb

you are going to have to install those fonts you want to use in words font manger and indesign your out of luck there because it has it fonts hardwared in to the program it's self it does not use any system fonts as far as I know. Adobe is bad about doing that even on a windows box.

you could try adding them to a font manager like adobe type manager or extensis suitcase, they might show up then. not sure if adobe type manager is still free or available though

If you have FontBook see if you can activate your Polish font there. If you want a really good free app get <a href="http://www.linotype.com/fontexplorerX" target = 1>FontExplorer</a> which just got out of beta testing. I've had several designer friends use it without issue for the past 6 months.

Back