vi variants?

pry3i

chemical precursor
I have seen a vi variant for Solaris that parses the file being edited and color codes different types of operators, et al....

does such a thing exist for usXers?

yep. i did some checking and it is vim. is that useable for OSX? is there something similar for X?

Originally posted by pry3i
yep. i did some checking and it is vim. is that useable for OSX? is there something similar for X?

Yup, vim built perfectly cleanly for me on OS X. There should also be a pre-built installer for it at Version Tracker.

Oooh, carbon vim. I'm downloading it as we speak. Type. Whatever.

I just finked command-line vim and I use it in the terminal. But a carbon GUI vim... hmm...

-the valrus

I have just recently started using Dvorak and I was wondering if that does anything weird in vi? I don't use that much but I could see myself doing so in the not so distant future and I am interested to know if the keys are all messed up.

Originally posted by Koelling
I have just recently started using Dvorak and I was wondering if that does anything weird in vi? I don't use that much but I could see myself doing so in the not so distant future and I am interested to know if the keys are all messed up.

You should only get some oddness, like keys that are grouped together on a QWERTY keyboard. j/k h/l , etc.

Back