Video Fried? G4 Quicksilver & Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB

Dr.Zoidberg

Registered
Hi all,

I just want to ask a few opinions of the experts out there. I just moved, and upon receiving my G4 Quicksilver, I started it up and everything was fine. But once the "Flurry" Screensaver turned on, my video started acting up, with flickering, corruption, and red, green, and blue vertical lines all over the screen. Then the card refused to recognize the second monitor.

The video issues only happen during video playback or when there is a lot of motion on the screen (like from a screensaver). The desktop itself is fine, and the Core Image/Quartz seems to be fine. So, what do you think? Did the movers damage my video card, or is this indicative of something else?

Thanks in advance!!

It's possible that during the move something came loose. Try reseating the video card by removing it and placing it back in the slot while the Mac is turned off. Then test it again and see if it goes away.

YOu might also want to take advantage to make sure that your RAM and your cables are also reseated properly, just to rule out anything else that might be causing the problem.

Might be your monitor as i had an old Apple 17" multiscan start to act up with graphic intense apps. The Graphics card works fine with other monitors using the same app but when using the old apple it seems to have fallen from the tree. Just a suggestion.

Back