video from iPhoto to iMovie

Ragnes

Registered
I'd like to learn how to use iMovie. I took a short 10 second movie clip with my Kodak EasyShare C330 digital camera. With this camera, I can take short videos. I downloaded the video onto my computer using iPhoto. Now I need to get the video clip from iPhoto into iMovie. I can't figure out how to do this. Would someone be willing to help me by telling me how? Also, is downloading a video into iPhoto the best way to do this? Is there a way I can download a video click directly to iMovie using the digital camera (mostly still photos) I have?
I appreciate any help someone can give to me.
Ragnes

Hello Ragnes;
That should be very straight forward... open bot apps: iMovie and iPhoto and drag and drop the file either into the timeline below the preview pane or to the right of it onto one of the square placeholders. From there to the timeline.
Now you can start editing and adding music...
I have not found a way of saving a photo or movie file directly into iMovie. I believe you need to save it first to any location and then move it to the application. Moving will only copy the file into the iMovie app. The original file is still in place wherever you've saved it.
I started playing a lot with iMovie lately and it has a lot of features for you to discover. Have fun!

Attachments

• iMovie.jpg
    iMovie.jpg
    429.2 KB · Views: 7
Back