video ipod locked up after watching video

habilis

Ministry of Re-Education
I was watching an episode of 'The Office' on my ipod and it got to the end of the video and now I'm sitting here with a 100% locked up ipod. It's been like 3 hours now and it's still locked up, frozen in time at the very end of the video. I downloaded these video's from the Apple music store, never had a problem like this before.

I tried the safety switch at the top, I tried holding play/pause so it would turn off, I tried everything I could think of, I tried hooking it up to all my macs and it won't mount on any of them.

What are your suggestions?

I have the 60 gig black model.

Hold down the center button and the menu button for about 10 seconds or so it will "reboot" it and this should get you going again.

Jim

I just tried that, I held it down for 30 seconds and nothing, still locked up. BTW the hold switch is not set

Also I don't know what this means but it isn't backlit and it's not making the click sounds. It's just totally iced.

You'll probably have to wait until the battery runs dry, then... Never heard of such a case either...

yeah that's what i figured, I'm lettin it run dry now, might take all night. I'll let ya know what happens.

Ok it ran dry, took all night but I plugged it in and it powered up fine, everythings working as usual.

Back