Video on demand through iTunes

andrewhicks

Registered
Wow, just watched the Incredisized version of the new Incredibles trailer. Full screen using iTunes 4.5. Streamed well over broadband. One step closer to movies on demand!!!

fryke said:
Closer than previously with QuickTime 6.5.x?

Well. Seems I'm behind the times. I had never used the iTunes movie preview before (been busy these last few weeks), so this is probably old news. However, watching the full screen preview through iTunes seemed faster for me than downloading at a resolution high enough to play quicktime at full screen.

Maybe 'cos I am stuck on an island in the Atlantic:)

There are some trailers that will play full screen from Apple's trailer site while streaming, like Spiderman 2.

What irks me is that they call it a 'new' trailer. That trailer's been available at pixar.com since last year.

brianleahy said:
What irks me is that they call it a 'new' trailer. That trailer's been available at pixar.com since last year.

Uh... WRONG!

The old teaser is still there, but there is a new trailer loaded with new stuff.

Well, I clicked the "New trailer" badge on the front 'www.apple.com' page and got the same old clip -- the belt gag. I'll look now for anything more.

Edit: eh, I guess I looked too quickly the first time; the same page has links for both trailers, and in my haste, I clicked the old one. :eek:

Rockfish looks like a nice try, but it's incredibly LONGISH for me... Too much fun with several things from the creators, I guess... But that's off-topic. Just watched the new Incredibles trailer through iTMS, and I must say it's not different from watching trailers through Apple's QT trailer page, really... But, of course, yes it may be a sign of future things to come...

fryke said:
I must say it's not different from watching trailers through Apple's QT trailer page, really... But, of course, yes it may be a sign of future things to come...

Is there a trick to watching the movie trailer in fullscreen mode from the QT trailer page? I have watched full screen movies on my computer through QT pro before, but not streamed over the internet. It was having a full screen version streaming to me that looked good on a 21 inch monitor, rather than a narrow box on screen in a browser, that made this more interesting. But like I mentioned, I am a bit slow off the mark on this one, and had not tried the movie preview through iTunes before.

well, you can't take the full screen trailer of this one, but it's not 'streaming' anyway. it's just your normal quicktime download that is fast enough to play while loading (on a good connection), but it's not like iTMS has increased the quality or something.

i wish they'd just publish qt-movies of those trailers at PAL or NTSC resolution. Good enough for full-screen.

I thought Rockfish was quite impressive. Great animation, great model design, and excellent sound & music as well. Someone put a lot of work into it.

Back