Video version of Audio Hijack?

Convert

Tech
I've been trying to find some videos of Elliott Smith performing live but I can't find any. If anyone knows of any for sale in the UK that would be great information to pass on.

But otherwise is there such a tool that can copy the video from a source? The video is played through a flash interface... that's the problem. It's on www.youtube.com so it's been submitted by a user. I can't contact them though.

Thanks

Snapz Pro rocks, but there's a better way to do this. You can grab the flash file and save it to disk, and then convert it from there. Even though YouTube doesn't offer a download link, the file will be stored in your cache when you play it. So let it load in your browser, and then grab it from your cache.

The directions pacohope posted to snatch cached Google Video files works just as well for YouTube. See http://www.macosx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263597&page=2

Once you find your cached file, move/copy it somewhere safe and append ".flv" to the name. You can then play it with MPlayer, or convert it to some QuickTime-compatible format using ffmpegX or iSquint (I've never used iSquint myself, but I've heard good things about it).

Back