Viewing images within Mail.app

luisp

Registered
Hi, guys,

Does any of you know how to force Mail.app to display images within messages? Sometimes I receive images as an attachment that I can't view within Mail.app, instead when I click them Preview offers to open them. the odd thing is when I came back to Mail.app the image itself is now displayed inside the very same msg that back one minute ago you could only see an icon. Is this a feature or a bug, I ask you. Is there a way to force Mail.app to display images within msg's without having to use Preview?
I'd appreciate any help you can give me. Thank you all.
Regards
--

I've had lots of trouble with Mail.app and images and attachments, not sure what the deal is. Hopefully Apple will work this out in 10.2's mail.app. Anybody have a solution for now though?

hmm...that's weird, my gf and I exchange pics all the time, and whenever she sends me pics they are shown right in the body of the text, without me having to use Preview. Maybe it's the speed of your net connection, that's all I can think of.

I got an image inside of an email the other day. I tried dragging it to a folder, and Mail said "You cannot drag this until you have downloaded it. Download it now?"

So I am assuming that since I have a slow dial-up connection the image either wasn't fully downloaded or wasn't downloaded at all due to transfer speeds.

Perhaps it depends on how it is attached to your message.

What happens to the image if it is dragged in to the body of the message as opposed to attaching it?

Izzy,

I'm using a cable, I guess it has nothing to do with bandwidth, I've been thinking, it has to do with the way somebody sends a msg and the mail client they're using. I'm going to make some tests, if I find something worth mentioning I'll report it here.

Thank you for the tip and to all who posted.

Regards

:rolleyes:

Back