vinyl records to mp3

get2worknow

Registered
Hi there

I am looking for a easy, inexpensive and fast solution to record a few dozen vinyl records to my g4 733 (no sound input) running MAC OS X 10.2.4.

I would like to make mp3s , to save Harddrive space and play them on an ipod or burn a CD.

I did some research and this is what I came up with:

Sound In:
Griffin imic + cables
Griffin Powerwave
Edirol UA-1A

Recording:
Griffin Final Vinyl 1-0f4
Sound Studio 207
Roxio Cd Spin doctor
Amadeus 2

Track separator:
???

Sound clean up:
Ray Gun for mac os X

MP3 converter:
itunes

I am looking for some people that have some experience with the mentioned programs and can give me some feedback. What is the best combination? Feel free to suggest some Soft- and Hardware that isn't mentioned.

Thanx

Tina

Doesn't Spin Doctor have functionality for separating tracks? I haven't tried it, but I think I remember reading about it in the manual.

R.

There's a very basic audio recorder called (get this!) Audio Recorder that is free & can be found on VersionTracker. It will record either to AIFF or to MP3, and that's about all. But it costs a total of nothing, and the sound quality seems fine to me...

Originally posted by scruffy
There's a very basic audio recorder called (get this!) Audio Recorder that is free & can be found on VersionTracker. It will record either to AIFF or to MP3, and that's about all. But it costs a total of nothing, and the sound quality seems fine to me...

How do you get the sound into an imac in order to do the recording? Is there a plug for sound in for an old Imac DV SE (G3)?

I need simple basic instructions as if I were stupid.

Or, I have a g4 powerbook and same questions. How do I get the music into the computer to let Audio Recorder do it's work?

many thanks
mark

Thank you for those 2 web sites.
I'd be interested in hearing about your success in this project. I've been trying to figure out how to change cassettes to MP3's for some time.

Let me know how this works for you.

thanks again,
mark:)

Is there a minijack sound in port on the iMac? It would look just like a headphone jack, but with a microphone icon by it.

You can get dual-RCA-to-stereo-minijack converter cables for a couple of bucks, so you could connect your stereo's line level outputs (tape out or some such) to the iMac.

Originally posted by get2worknow
Starshaped:

Can you seperate the recorded vinyls or tapes and save them as individual mp3s with spin doctor???

Yes you just play the record,start recording and and when you stop recording it saves it as one large AIFF file and creates a wave form.You can then go down the wave seperating it into tracks,when you have done this you can send it to Toast to burn to a cd or save it from Toast then open the file in i-tunes or whatever you use to convert it to MP3.

Back