Virgin Broadband Wireless Problems

guidedbyboognis

Registered
Hello, thanks in advance to anyone who can offer some help.

Have got a Macbook 10.4 and an ethernet connection to Virgin Media that works just fine. Recently wanted to upgrade to wireless so Virgin sent a netgear wireless router (54 Mbps WGR614) but I'm really struggling making any progress making it work.

Airport seems to be aware of the Virgin Broadband signal but when I click on it it states it is a WPA- personal and then asks for a password. Have tried putting in all sorts of codes including the MAC number but to no avail.

Another point of interest is that when I turn airport off and then on again it will pick up the Virgin Broadband signal very well for about 5 seconds before disappearing again.

Again, I truly appreciate any insight that could be provided!

Hello, thanks in advance to anyone who can offer some help.

Have got a Macbook 10.4 and an ethernet connection to Virgin Media that works just fine. Recently wanted to upgrade to wireless so Virgin sent a netgear wireless router (54 Mbps WGR614) but I'm really struggling making any progress making it work.

Airport seems to be aware of the Virgin Broadband signal but when I click on it it states it is a WPA- personal and then asks for a password. Have tried putting in all sorts of codes including the MAC number but to no avail.

Another point of interest is that when I turn airport off and then on again it will pick up the Virgin Broadband signal very well for about 5 seconds before disappearing again.

Again, I truly appreciate any insight that could be provided!

As of today, my daughter has the exact same problem with her MacBook and any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated!

I have had enough problems getting my Toshiba to recognise the router and the software provided tells me that "Ooops it seems you are not using a Virgin Media router!" Erm...they sent it to me today!:confused::rolleyes:

Back