Virtual PC in 10.1?

Just today I was listening to an audiobook from Audible.com with realplayer running on Win98, all emulated by VPC.

This is with X 10.1 (5G64) and the VPC td.

Perf. seems about the same as 9.1, maybe a little slower.

-tasty

asking for serial #'s etc in the forum here is a good way to get it shut down.

these forums are great place to help other users etc...but if it deteriorates into a forum for pirating we'll just have every software company on the case and we all lose in the end.

vpc for os x is still beta as far as i know...maybe it works or maybe it doesn't - i only have v3.x running in 9.x so i don't know...but i'm sure that connectix will have a working release done as soon as they can...which i hope you go out and buy if you need to use it.

Ok, however it is a beta...that no one is paying for...I hardly think that asking to "test drive" free software is hardly piracy...geezz!

it is not "free" software. it requires a license for the os 9.x version of v4 in order to run....so yes, asking for a serial # is pirating. if it was "free," why would it want a serial number?????? duh......

however, having said that i find it disturbing that connectix has not announced what the upgrade path is for the X version of VPC...they should know by now what they will charge for this upgrade.......

test drive does not work in 10.1 i think. i tried it in 5g27 and it did not work. kept asking for my sys admin password when i try to install. sharity done this too and it didnt work in 10.1. also connectix a while ago said they know it dont work in 10.1 dev builds and not sure if they would update it again or not before releasing it.

VPC testdrive definitely works on my system.

Though I do remember experiencing problems when trying to install it on 10.0.4.

-tasty

Originally posted by MacSub
My apologies then on this post. Thanks, no harm ment!

Roxio is doing much the same with the beta for Toast X...but at least they committed to free upgrades for those that have bought Toast 5 for OS 9.x

If Connectix came out and said I'd get a free update to an X compatible VPC then I would think about upgrading my copy of v3.x....but if I will get hit for another upgrade cost I see no reason to buy *any* copy of VPC at the moment.

Back