Virtual PC

schafer

Registered
Was using Virtual PC successfully for over a year until the cursor got off track -- it wasn't connecting to icon properly. I trashed then re-installed Virtual PC and now I can't connect to the Internet from the software. I had DSL installed several months ago.

Any suggestions on how to reconnect?

thanks

Could you specify your mac and your os?
Does DSL give you access to the internet on your mac? If so, did you check the network settings in VPC and chose to use the default mac settings?

Zammy-Sam said:
Could you specify your mac and your os?
Does DSL give you access to the internet on your mac? If so, did you check the network settings in VPC and chose to use the default mac settings?

I have a PowerBook G4, OS 9.2.2 --

I connect to the internet via DSL. I did check the network settings in VPC but can't seem to get the right mix. Default should work but it doesn't.

Appreciate your help.

Ok, am using 10.3.1 and VPC 6.1.
I made some screenshots. Hope it will help eventhough your system is significantly different.

But your Mac connects, right?

That is odd. I have VPC 3 on my iMac with Windows 95, and I didn't have to do anything in Windows to get it to go online; it just connected automatically. Let me check my settings.

Okay, while you're in your Windows environment, hold down the Command button (the one with an apple on it) and select Preferences from the Edit menu. Unless they changed it a lot, you should see a list of emulated devices that you can modify. Look for Networking and set it to share an IP address with your Mac, and you should be set. Hopefully.

And if that doesn't work, go to Home>Library>Preferences and locate and trash the VP pref file. Empty the trash, then start up VP.

Back