Virtual PC7

ianjharris@mac.

Registered
Hi,

Just obtained a copy of Virtual PC7.02 with Win XP Pro SP1.

All loaded ok - however

All loaded ok - However i note that there is no Internet Explorer incl with winxppro?

Also when i attempt to 'drag' a file from the MAC OSX desktop I am unable to do so.

I have tried to switch on 'auto file sharing but the 'auto share' option in the 'PC Settings /Shared folders' dialogue is grayed out!!!

I have tried to update the Virtual Machine Additions via the 'PC Settings Install or update additions' but get the message ' do i want to "remove" the Virtual Machine Additions' etc - which to my mind indicates that they are already loaded - shortly after i get the following dialogue...

The Virtual Machine Additions are not Installed etc etc.

Any ideas where i've gone wrong?

thanks

ianjh

?

I don't know what you have, but it is not a commercial release of VPC 7. All copies of the VPC 7/Win XP Pro bundle included Win XP Pro SP2. All copies of VPC/Windows bundles include Virtual Machine Additions, which is actually stored in the VPC application bundle. It goes without saying that each copy of Windows includes Internet Explorer. Off the top of my head, I would say that you went wrong by getting a pirated copy of VPC. Furthermore, you went wrong by bringing an issue with your pirated copy of VPC to this forum where such discussions are not allowed.

MisterMe said:
I don't know what you have, but it is not a commercial release of VPC 7. All copies of the VPC 7/Win XP Pro bundle included Win XP Pro SP2. All copies of VPC/Windows bundles include Virtual Machine Additions, which is actually stored in the VPC application bundle. It goes without saying that each copy of Windows includes Internet Explorer. Off the top of my head, I would say that you went wrong by getting a pirated copy of VPC. Furthermore, you went wrong by bringing an issue with your pirated copy of VPC to this forum where such discussions are not allowed.

Well Thankyou!!!

The version i Have is a Full Commercial Edition with manufacturers packaging / sealed / with ALL serial numbers - thank you!!!

I don't do pirated softeware!!!

If it had been Pirated / copied software i would have refered to it as a - 'copy' - i used the word copy as a colloquialism - quiet common here in the UK!!!!

Anyhow - back to basics - problem solved - it's quite possible that during the installation process we suffered a power-cut - outage to you -that corrupted the installation - following personal contact with my local Apple Dealer and his expert 'non-judgemental advice' all is now ok!

Incidently - how does anyone know whether questions in these excelent forums - or others know that the person posting the 'topic' is using 'Legal' or pirated?

Maybe the same knowlegeable persons that made your BUSH guy and my BLAIR guy believe that Saddam had WMDs - and we all know the truth about that - don't we?

But enough of that - thank you for your input and a Merry Christmas to you - and remember - never draw cocluions without knowing the full story!!!

And by the way - i am aware that this reply is on my 'other' login!!

regards

ianjh

You need to install the additions to drag form mac desktop to PC desktop and vice versa.

Blonde said:
You need to install the additions to drag form mac desktop to PC desktop and vice versa.

Hi,

Yes thanks for that - it was obviously a 'Windows' thing not helped by our power supply 'tripping' - all is well now!!!

I see now why i switched from Windows 2/3 years ago - i don't experience any problems of this sort with MAC - but then i guess WE on these forums know that!!

regards

ianjh

Back