VirtualPC preview for MacWorld?

mindbend said:
I thought I read on another rumor site that M$ finally got VPC to work with Mac 3D cards...

If you work your way from the beginning of this thread, you'll find that I touched on that subject a couple of times .. I think[!]

mindbend said:
I'm very much looking forward to running a good VPC. I ran XP thru my DP G4 1 Gig for a while and it was surprisingly "adequate" for my minimal needs at the time. Considering that XP isn't going to change much and with Longhorn on delay, the newer G5s, M$ optimizations and possible 3D card accelleration could mean VPC might actually run VPC pretty damn well on such a machine.

I think that as the G5 and successive generations advance, emulation will be _more_ than adequate. And again, I can't see how Microsoft would care if -- and this really is pushing it -- that Windows XP ran better on a mac than it did on Intel hardware .. Microsoft still get a license and still make money. They're in a win win situation whichever way you look.

mindbend said:
Can't wait to see.

Well, tomorrow will be the day when we get to find out what Microsoft have been up to. Let's hope it's something good :p

Back