VLC 0.5.0 is out

yep. 0.5.0 is awesome. leaps and bounds ahead of .4.6. got rid of the popping noise i was hearing, has volume adjustment, playlists that move from one to another flawlessly (even in full screen mode) and support for near about everything out there. sweet.

Oh wow ... *i thought* ... looked the part, so i downloaded it! It open one of the avi's i had downloaded, that previously wouldn't open without a "Doctoring" 1st, which seemed cool! ...But then, "Oh man, it runs Sh!TTY!" ... the playback is poor on my iBook ... i had only VLC loaded, and it still was PANTS :( ... i "doctored" the film, and began watching in Quicktime Pro, and its Much better! ... *sigh* ...i've only tried one film so far, i'll give it another shot, i am sure, but 1st impressions are ... hmmmm ... roll on me getting my Dual 1.25Ghz :D

Neyo

Its nice. Ive been using VLC since few days ago. I switched to mplayerOSX now and i like it very much. It has all features that VLC has + it can display subtitles.

btw...it works ok on my iBook 700. I can play a movie and have few other apps open and it is still running ok.

Hey!

Works very well, in most cases much better than QT 6.1--and it's loaded with features. This is a great player (even with the odd bug or two reported in its console) and handles a wide variety of *previously troublesome* .avi movie files gracefully. Thanks for posting this thread and drawing my attention to this goodie. I may not go back to QT for a while. (Sigh.)

What is even better is I can delete WiMP now, as it plays ASF and ASX files.... Better than WiMP too. THREADING... so nice. :) LOL

I download this great app, but i dont know how use the subtitles, how i can activate the subtitles just like mPlayer? I mean, importing the subtitle file to the VLC and show it?

thx!

Rafael G

Back