vnc feature

cfleck

tired
Back in the day I used VNCThing for no reason other than it would let me set the screen size of the window I was using. That is, on my powerbook, the max res is 1024x768. My powermac is larger than that, so when I try to use a vnc viewer to "see" my powermac, I get a window that is larger than my powerbook screen, so I have to scroll the window up,down,left, right to see everything. Annoying.

VNCThing had a feature where if I made the window size, say ~ 800x600, it would just scale everything down so the entire desktop of my powermac was viewable.

VNCThing seems to have gone the way of the dodo. Is there any other VNC software out there that has this feature? I'm needy.

As for the actual VNC software (RealVNC), that is now a feature available in the pay versions. The free version does not have this. As for TightVNC (which is open source), I don't know if that's going to be implemented once the 1.3 version becomes stable. Let the TightVNC people know that people would want this as a feature in the upcoming 1.3 version.

I don't need the sever. I use OSXvnc for that. I just need a client that I like. Tight and Real are fine, but I want something mac-native. Chicken doesn't have the feature I'm looking for.

Back