Volumes in the Terminal in 10.3

sandpilot

Registered
Hello All-

Back in the old days (last week with 10.2) when I would do a Cmd-K to connect to server and supply the name and password I would get a volume mounted on my desktop. Then if I was to go to the terminal and do a

cd /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD

I was into the remote volume and able to use the command line to copy files.

Now with Panther if I do a Cmd-K I don't see the APPLETALK zones until I hit browse then go and find the zone I want and then the computer I want and log in. I do not get a mounted volume on the desktop. If I go to the terminal and cd to volumes I only have my local drive in that list. I think it has to do with the fact that this is a AppleTalk connection, correct??? But if so and I need to connect using IP, how do I do that when everything is DHCP and I have several hundred computers?

A'm I on the right track or way out in left field? Thanks for any suggestions.

John

sandpilot said:
Now with Panther if I do a Cmd-K I don't see the APPLETALK zones until I hit browse then go and find the zone I want and then the computer I want and log in. I do not get a mounted volume on the desktop. If I go to the terminal and cd to volumes I only have my local drive in that list. I think it has to do with the fact that this is a AppleTalk connection, correct??? But if so and I need to connect using IP, how do I do that when everything is DHCP and I have several hundred computers?
John

It looks like mounting has changed because my code to mount some NFS servers was not working anymore. I had to change the mount point from /Network/xxxx to /automount/Servers/xxxxx. I'm still working out the exact details.

On another note, the "show mounted drives" setting for the desktop apparently gets reset during the Panther upgrade, so make sure that preference is set correctly.

Back