Vote for Mac on CNN

xyz

Registered
CNN has a poll -- Mac vs. PC. Place your vote now! The poll is in the lower-right corner of the front page.

ever wonder if they considered using "pc fan" instead of "pc person?"
then again, had they i'm sure the numbers would have been much lower (who wants to associate themselves as a "fan" of a windows PC?)

I just enabled Debugging in Safari and used the menu to make my browser appear like different ones. I took much pleasure voting as MSIE 6.0 for Windows for Mac :)

Go3iverson said:
I just enabled Debugging in Safari and used the menu to make my browser appear like different ones. I took much pleasure voting as MSIE 6.0 for Windows for Mac :)

I suspect that CNN tracks unique votes not by browser type, but rather by the "CNNid" cookie that you are given the first time you visit CNN.com. So I voted a few times from Safari, deleting the cookie each time. Of course, they could also limit to one vote per IP address, but that would only allow one vote per network where the entire network shares a single IP address (the norm in small offices). At minimum I got two votes, though, as I also voted from lynx on my server. Good ol' text-based browser.

Yeah! What is this "Iraqi Weapons of Mass Destruction" crap? As if the president lying about a reason to go to war is important. Psh! Where's my Mac vs. PC poll?!?

Back