VPC: Can't connect to Internet Wirelessly

sari

Registered
Hi,

I can't seem to connect to the internet wirelessly using VPC with Win XP. As I only use this program for one piece of software which you just can't get for Mac this would not bother me but I have to register VPC within the next few days!!

I've tried using "shared networking" and "virtual switch" without success.
I'm using a Powerbook G4 with OSX 10.4.8.

Many thanks.

Sari

You don't say if you did, but you don't that that you didn't either. I am talking about configuring Internet access from within the Windows environment hosted by VPC. If you did, don't. VPC defaults to Virtual Switch which gives Internet access out-of-the-box through whichever protocol your Mac is using. No user configuration is required.

Also, make sure that you are running VPC 7.0.2. With earlier versions of VPC 7, Virtual Switch does not work with MacOS X 10.4.8.

Hi,

I try not to say whether I did or didn't do something just in case I implicate myself!

I've updated to Mac 7.0.2 and have registered by phone so I guess that gives the game away that I had already played with the settings. I have put the settings back to "virtual switch" but have obviously changed something which stops me connecting to the internet. Are you able to tell me how I get my internet/network settings back to the default?

As I said, I don't really need the internet on VPC but I just don't like to be beaten - or won't admit to it!

Many thanks for your help so far.

Sari

Back