VPC on Powerbook not seeing "Office" PC

sredish

Registered
I can connect to the office windoz PC through the Mac but in Virtual PC, the shared PC doesn't pop up. I know the settings and access is set right, I could at one time see it and I still have the shortcut to it but it's not connecting. What could be wrong? Would it be best to have Virtual PC in the "Virtual Switch" or "Shared Networking". I had it in the Shared Networking setting previously, but I thought I'd switch it the over to the Virtual Switch to see if it helped and it did not. I'm going to put it back to shared but don't know what else the problem is. I went over to the office to verify it wasn't sleeping or something and it's not. Then, I connect to it through Finder just fine.

My goal here is to get Quickbooks, through Virtual PC up and running with the multi-user setup. Everthing's a go, now just need to find the PC and then the data file.

Scott

switched back to "shared" and now the shortcut is working and bringing up the pc folders. but, the pc still won't come up when searching for a file through open file, then selecting network, then selecting my network name, nothing appears..... PITA!

Back