Wacom (Erase) brush size differs

MrLatte23

Registered
...from the brush size when I use my Kensington Expert Mouse Trackball (version 3 driver). Basically both input devices show the proper brush size outline, but the tablet only erases in the center 1/3 of the brushes circle regardless of what brush and size I use. Other brushes work fine using the full brush outline circle.

Using Photoshop CS on a MacPro running OS X.4.10, Wacom Driver Version 6.04-2. Photoshop CS preferences > Displays and cursors: Painting = Brush size, Other Cursors = Precise.

Anyone using this pen and tablet (and software) familiar with this? Know of any work-arounds other than using the trackball when using the Eraser tool. The Wacom is mapped to cover BOTH 20" wide screen monitors. Acts the same way when mapping it to only one monitor.

Thanks in advance

Check the Shape Dynamics section of your brushes palette - the size jitter is probably set to Pen Pressure. Since a mouse doesn't send any pressure information, the brush will behave as though the size jitter were turned off but the Wacom does send pressure information, of course, and so the thickness of your stroke will vary depending on how hard you're pressing.

Back