Wacom Tablets - which one ??!!!

smithy

designer.
Hi,

Well i really want a wacom tablet and i dunno which one to get. My budget is 400 max (aus dollar) and im looking at the Intous3 ones but if the Graphire ones can do what i want it to do well thats what i want.

Things i want to do with it:
- Draw and edit vector graphics (with fireworks)
-Be able to move the image im working on via the tablet.
- Be able to zoom(in/out) via the tablet

well basically thats all i want to do at the moment. So what wacom tablet should i get ? Oh yer then theres what size tablet i need well im not really sure obvsiouly a huge one would be awesome but then again ..... ?

Thanks ! :)

The Intuos3 does have a few advantages that make it worth the money, if thats what you need. The scroll areas are nice, the resolution and pressure sensitivity are both higher, it supports multiple devices, and has tilt sensitivity. Most of these features though aren't that useful to you in vector graphics, so you might decide to save some cash and get yourself the Graphire instead.

Thanks symphonix, i guess the intous3 is more appealing however maybe the graphire might just work for me. I think i might now get the 6x8 graphire maybe the digital photography kit, it seems to be around the same price compared to buying 6x8 graphire by itself at harris technology (www.ht.com.au).

Also how well do wacom tablets run in Fireworks (mx 2004) sorry if im asking and no one knows lol.... but i really appreciate everyones advice :)

Thanks again

Ah well ive run into a wall again - the intous3 4x5 is at macmall (http://www.macmall.com.au/mall/customer/product.php?productid=1406&cat=0&page=1) for A$235 !!! However i can get a graphire3 (digital photo kit) for A$220 and its 6x8.

Well basically even though ive never used one thats why im really relying on someones advice - working with vector graphics would a bigger area be more usable and also would the intous3 be better. As symphonix said, the features in the intous3 arent that usable in vector graphics; however looking at the long term perspective would i be better off with the intous3 because of its features or the graphire3 because of its size. ahhhhh sooo confusing !!

Thanks again sorry to be such a pain . . . ..

When faced with the choice for a bigger screen that will still meet your needs, button-wise, I'd go for it in a heart-beat. There is a very real advantage to your controlability on a 6x8 vs a 4x5. Go with the Graphire4 6x8.

Back