Wait a minute

ERICBRIAN2002

Registered
I am shopping around for a lcd flat panel on the internet and i found 1 thats pretty nice(KDS RAD 5) but what i dont get is that it says its a 15inch viewable lcd but when i check the demensions it say it height and width are 14.09. How is that possable if it says it 15 viewable? Might be missing something hear. Heres a link
http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=50157219

The viewable size is from i screen corner to another right?

It's a mistake. Clearly the screen is not square. The size could also be the Physical size of the entire monitor. And, Yes, the diagonal is what the measurement means.

If its a mistake then its big one cause everwhere i look it says the same thing. I am replacing my classic imac with a g4 with this lcd and i want to see a bigger diffrence. I am expecting the Lcd this fri but i still can cancel it if its viewable is really not 15'.

It must be the physical size of the monitor (including base). Using pythagorus if one side of the viewable screen was 14.09" then the other side would be just over 5" to make a screen size of 15". This would be an unusual shape for a monitor.

R.

Originally posted by roger
It must be the physical size of the monitor (including base). Using pythagorus if one side of the viewable screen was 14.09" then the other side would be just over 5" to make a screen size of 15". This would be an unusual shape for a monitor.

R.

*screams* PLEASE don't mention Pythagorus or his god damned theorum anywhere where I can see it for a few days! ;) I've just had a HORRIBLE exam involving it :S

Can't it be 14" horisontal and 9" vertical? That would make the viewable area 15" diagonal...

Just an FYI - I own the KDS Rad 5 and it's an awesome monitor for the money. Bright, crisp, and it looks cool too (silver). I got it for $320.00 a few months back. I'm very pleased with it.

-J

OMG OMG OMG This monitor is so great!!!!! Very crisp and clear would recomend to anyone. Wow this thing is beatiful. Wow i am so happy i got this you should by this anyway. Testuser was right it is 12by9 but look bigger cause it flat and you can mount it on your wall!!!!
Thanks for everyones help.

Back