Wallstreet, 10.2.1, FW, & SCSI

mjaco320

Registered
This is most likely both a hardware AND software issue, but I need help.

I've got a 266 Wallstreet with 384MB RAM and a 20G HD, an ADB Kensington Orbit, and running 10.2.1, a NewerTech FireWire-To-Go PC Card, a SCSI Zip 100, a SCSI ScanMaker X6, and a CompuCable FW/USB hard drive enclosure with my original 4G HD.

First my SCSI issue...My Zip drive works fine. No problems at all. I can't seem to get the computer to recognize the scanner at all. I've connected it directly to the computer, made sure it was terminated, and it was powered on b/f I booted the computer. I've tried Silverfast and VueScan and neither can find the scanner. Apple System Profiler doesn't see it either (it does see the Zip when it's connected).

I tried to boot into 9.2.2 but all I got was a grey screen and arrow in the upper left corner. When I removed the SCSI cable, the computer continued to boot.

I'm at a loss here.

My second issue is that I can't get 10.2.1 to mount my external FW drive. I use it at work with no problems. I get the "spinning wheel of death" when trying to get Disk Utility or Drive 10 to find it. When I unplug the drive, the wheel disappears and I get a message saying that I'm trying to mount a disk with no readable volumes (or something close to that) and asks me if I want to open Disk Utility. When I open Disk Utility it doesn't see the drive. The drive will mount in 9.2.2.

Thanks for reading this long post, and any suggestions are very much appreciated.

Back