Want to change your username?

Status
Not open for further replies.
arent all the names referenced to a user id? so why would changing the name effect anything?

anyways i want mine to be....

Jason

Originally posted by jppjr79
Actually, what would stop a troll from coming into this forum, reading this thread and saying "hah! if thats the names they want, thats the names I shall register!!!" ??

My point exactly! This request should be done via pm or email... NOT a public forum.

I don't know about user names, but it sure seems like everyone is changing their aviatar all of a sudden!

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell
you guys are paranoid. :rolleyes:

btw, I use to post info in my sig about my computer, system version, hardware etc.... but I canned that after speaking with someone who says its a bad idea... lol. Can't recall who... someone I chatted with on a bb some time ago...

ED, did you get my request to KEEP my username as is? I PM'ed ya...

thanks. ;)

ok, first - no one can view this thread that isn't already a site member. try logging out and accessing it and you will see this for yourself. so no trolls are gonna steal your name except by their own pref for that username.

second - as of now, all requests are valid except for one which belongs to a member who visits sporadically. the person who requested this name has been notified by pm. a few of you requested names that were previously registered to people who haven't logged in for over a year and never posted. i deleted them and the name will be yours.

remember, this opportunity expires as of midnight pst tomorrow nite - dec. 31.

and artie - i got both your pm and the change in your post. although artie is still open if you want it. nobody else has wanted to be artie either. :D

ok, i've been playing with it a little. i changed my name while logged in and it kept working with current cookies. i've changed buddahbobb's to jason and am waiting to see how his log in goes.

it does change your name in every profile box for every post you have ever made, which could be confusing for some old threads you were referred to by name in. it doesn't change the database for thread starter or last post on the main forum pages. but a search for my old username revealed no results so it doesn't keep them anywhere else. so i'm guessing somebody could use your old name if they come along and have any inclination to do so. obviously they would have to create a new account. i really doubt anybody would do so maliciously and if they did, we would know it wasn't you and ban the account, hence making the name no longer available. but i thought i should pass on what i have learned by trying it out.

whoah, edX, I dunno if I can handle this all-of-a-sudden name change. You'll always be Ed Spruiell in my book :D

hey xaq, i remember you once requesting a name change. changed your mind?

and hey, those who know me, know me. :)

well, as of now, all current requests have been fulfilled except for the one who was notified earlier. there is already a recently active member named JetwingX. if you can read this and were on this list, then it must have gone smoothly.

btw, I use to post info in my sig about my computer, system version, hardware etc.... but I canned that after speaking with someone who says its a bad idea... lol. Can't recall who... someone I chatted with on a bb some time ago...
must have been a windows user - where identifying your system version identifies a particular security leak. :D

and no trolls got anybody's names :p

Can I be Put on a waiting list for that name???

because either that person is a lurker or they never came back...

and for now maybe i could try another name, Jet (with my luck it is probably taken ><)

and so you are Jet. no waiting list, the other user has the name - lurker or not. the person has logged in recently enough that i wouldn't remove them. and i do not intend to make name changing a regular thing. this was a one time deal unless i just feel generous sometime in the future like maybe next xmas :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back