Warning: Beware Of New Scam

Cheryl

Rosie Moderator
Staff member
Mod
You may receive an email with the subject: Your Apple ID has been updated yesterday. Check your new benefits.
The body of the email:
"We are working to improve our customers experience in your area. Therefore, we are offering our 50 selected customers this great opportunity to win a $1000 Apple Gift Card.

We are more than happy to invite you to complete this 30 second survey and rewarded with a $1000 Apple Gift Card.”

The link is not Apple’s. Do not respond to this email.

Why people even open such emails is beyond me. I never open JUNK FOLD email, that is not from anyone that I do not know, and sometimes even then knowing that many contacts addies have been attacked and you get FAKE email with links to check out that are scams.

I always DELETE UNOPENED.

Ah, but this wasn’t in my Junk folder. And it appeared to be from Apple.

If it looks too good to be true --- it is a scam. (I am hating the word ‘FAKE’ lately).

In the UK we have been getting fake Apple e-mails "confirming your upgrade to 1TB of iCloud storage". The link looks like an Apple Store page. But behind the "From" name was an email address that was clearly a scam one. A lot of stuff we have been getting seems to originate from an e-mail domain "@shaw.ca".

Back