Warning: Maxtor/Tiger Compatibility issue

Sarahlis, I have been reading the about the numerous 3rd party FW problems so many people have been having with the Apple OS X 10.4..... updates. Not just this site. I have gone to so many troubleshooting sites.

Perfesser101 is absolutely right. It's the responsibility of the 3rd party company to update their drivers so that the devices will be compatible with OSX updates. I have made many calls to Maxtor, and frankly they don't care about Macs. If you refer to their OneTouchIII model drivers, it states for Windows only. Many 3rd party companies don't care about Apple. Apple doesn't care either. They don't make their meat & potatoes on selling computers.

Anyways, I've been battling this major dilemma since the OSX 10.4.5 update. That's when my Maxtor stopped mounting to the desktop. I now have a list of 3rd party companies that don't care. I really don't want a Mac/Window computer, so will make the difficult switch to Windows. BUT, I HAVE THAT LIST OF 3RD PARTY COMPANIES WHOM I WILL NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM AGAIN!!!!!!!

Back