Water splash :(((

zeg

Registered
I was working on my gaming pc when i accidentally knocked a glass of water and a little bit splash on my power mac g5 quad 2.5ghz liquid cooled . The mac was flickering power by itself click click click etc so i unplugged it and looked inside and there were some water (very little) that came in from the front and landed on the ram rail slots (2 top ones) so i dried everything and ITS BEEN about 12 hours since the accident . Now when i plug it in its fine I hear a click . if i hit the power button the white light comes on and for a split second i see a red light and then it shuts off by itself . No fans no chime no video . Can someone help ? is there a reset for the psu ? or should i wait longer or take a hot hair dryer to it or just throw it away ? i was using it as a server and it was working great i am so mad at myself now grrrr.

MisterMe

Registered
Well, buddy, there is nothing more that we can do but to advise you to give the computer more time to dry. If after a couple of days it still refuses power on, then you will need to have the computer repaired.