waterproof keyboard cover for powerbook

djbeta

Registered
I've seen the iSkin cover, but I don't think it would save the powerbook if water was dumped on the keyboard..

Is there any such cover that will allow you to use the keyboard, but provides your powerbook protection from beer spills, etc. ?

haha.. very funny.. :) some of travel and use our powerbooks in nightclub environments, where it's quite uncertain as to who will be hanging through the dj booth window..

also.. today on the NYC subway, the train ceiling Air Conditioner leaked on my powerbook !! (that's what reminded me I could use something like this!)

I know this helps in no way, but I'm shocked that you actually USED your PowerBook in the NYC subway and have lived to tell about it. Times must have gotten better...especially in the subway....since I used to live in NY 15 years ago... :p

If it's really packed or I see shady peeps around.. It stays in my bag.. but around 11am, it's usually a pretty OK time to pull it out.. I figure thiefs are more interested in the million ipods and PSPs that are all around..

plus, I want to advertise for my favorite computer !
:)

actually, it turns out that iSkin claims to be water resistant, so I'll probably just go that way.

Just remember that iSkin will repell water, but that doens't mean water won't flow into the 'guts' via the speaker ports or any other sideport.

This might do it, but make sure u dont block the exhaust ports ;)

Attachments

• Saran Wrap.jpg
    Saran Wrap.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 6
Back