We are the borg... Resistance is futile.

xaqintosh

Master of Reality
I'm not much of a trekkie, I always liked star wars more, but:
I just saw First Contact, and it was really great, minus the minor inconsistencies, but I would like to know the origin (and any other info) of the borg. they are very interesting...

Originally posted by xaqintosh
I just saw First Contact, and it was really great, minus the minor inconsistencies, but I would like to know the origin (and any other info) of the borg. they are very interesting...

Yeah....every even #ed movie they make, is good (mostly)...and the odd ones are bad. Hopefully the new st:tng movie will be good. :)

But as Guinan once said, when they first met the borg, that they've been developing for centuries.

If that's the case, I'm thinking, atleast a two-parter! *l*

to my knowledge no one knows where exactly the borg came from...in terms of developement. We know from the voyager series that their home base is the delta quadrant :p

each race in star trek represents a maxium of the human being. the romulans are the sceeming isolationists, the klingons are the war fightiers, the ferenge are the traders and the gold(latnium) lovers. the vulcans are the logical smart ones.

the borg represent the growing technology and a ugly reality that might someday be the human race....

if you could have bionic eyes that could see 100 times better and you could make it for really cheep then why wouldnt everybody have it? or bionic computers inside you>? no need for a mo nitor, mac inside.... it could happen someday.

Originally posted by xaqintosh

Possible misquote "We are the borg... Resistance is futile." "We" implies the plural of "I". I think they've announced their presence as "This is the Borg, lower your shields and put down your weapons...Resistance is futile". The Borg may have used "we" in the distant past when they were first introduced in STNG, but in recent movies, I think they use "This is". I am a die hard Trekkie. I've met Deforest Kelly AKA Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy, George Takai AKA Mr. Sulu, and James Doohan AKA Montgomery Scot, "Scotty". I have signed pictures of Deforest Kelly and George Takai. Any one want to make an offer?

Attachments

• borg.jpeg
    borg.jpeg
    43.2 KB · Views: 22
Back