We are the robots, any1?

why !? WHY!?! What is the point. Thank you Mr. Hervé Hinnekens for this wonderful thread. I learned so much from this.

Kraftwerk? who/what is that? I think I have heard of that name before... I thought it was the name of a german design studio. :confused:

Kraftwerk is really bad electronic based music.

The only reason I give them a tad bit of respect is for inspiring Carl Craig thus inspiring the whole Detroit rave scene, which really brought techno to where it is now.

Kraftwerk is the original:
Trans Europ Express
Autobahn
Wir sind die Roboter

Nobody does it better.

kraftwerk is the inspiration for all major detroit techno and other electronic dance pioneers...

check "Trans Europe Express" their classic from 1977!!

"kraftwerk is the inspiration for all major detroit techno and other electronic dance pioneers . . ."

I really wouldn't agree with that statement. It seems there are two camps, the Kraftwerk camp and the Eno/Cage camp.

But then again, inspiration is a tricky thing.

Well I was refering to Roxy Music Eno which would be 73, 74.

As for his solo projects, I would say 77 when Music for Films was released.

Roxy Music was just some kind of soft rock at that time, not even as stylish as David Bowie.
Kraftwerk was completely different, only techno, not man-like. No stage play in the regular sense, they were as robotic as possible.

Well yes most Roxy Music is well . . . Not very intresting, though I should admit I was never really intrested in glam (unless you consider Iggy glam) . . .

But rememeber Eno wasn't in the band that long and the stuff he worked on was never really popular . . .

Also Eno always was doing side projects (well 69 to present), Music for Films just happened to be what most considered the start.

Yes, Kraftwerk was odd, just not groundbreaking in my mind, there were tons of other artists who were doing the same thing Kraftwerk just got out the door first . . .

<br>
Kraftwerk are my fav band!!

IMHO It wasn't just their use of electronica, it was the way they constructed songs that made them original too.

Why the rest of the of the world (eno included) was producing more long and experimentive songs. (Which was a good thing, but everyone producing long-winded "concept albums" was getting a bit boring.)

Kraftwerk's goal was to produce the perfect electronic pop song. Nothing more. What was new about them is that they kept their song structure transparent and clean. And had minimalistic backings.

Think it makes them quite hard to get into though, if you're not used to it.
<br><br>

Back