We Need Your Vote!

What should the band name be?

• Too Long Out

• Inside View

Results are only viewable after voting.

Trip

Registered
I just got organized with another band. But this one is really great, i think we've got a lot of talent. We've already got three original songs being written up and we're all set for recording through an iMac, but what we don't have is a name!

So...go ahead and vote on a name that sounds good to you! A name that would attract your attention on a poster, or on MTV. :)

P.S. These two names were choosen from a list of 50. We had people vote on the top 10, and then another group of people vote on the top three. Then we as a band decided on the top two, and now we want YOU to decide the winning name!

It sounds good, but i don't think too many people would agree with it. :)
NOW VOTE! :D

I voted for 'Too Long Out'. It's the only one that cought my attention with a once over.

Also 'XPrienc' is way to hard to take a quick look at and understand.

i voted for "i am Ed" - one, because i am and two, because it's actually the catchiest name up there. however "i am Dave" or "I am Bob" wqould be even better since there are a lot more Bobs and Daves who would check it out just from self association. Try to show me anybody who doesn't know at least 2 people named Dave.

Too Long Out sounds pretty nice. I Am Ed is cool, too. Rock XPrienc reads like "X-Prince" at a glance, so I dunno if that's something you wanna avoid...? Sounds a little cheesy to me anyway.

Any tips for recording? My band just recorded some stuff into my Tibook through an iMic into Sound Studio. Sounds like pure crap...

http://pedestrian.homeunix.com/home

We didn't really try too hard to get it sounding good. It was kinda like, "Hey, I've got this laptop, let's put it in the next room and record some songs" and we were done 15 minutes later. But if we did want to get it sounding good, any advice?

Ok, i'm pretty disappointed with this right now. :(
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF SOMEBODY WOULD FIX IT!

Hmm, I know at least 6 Daves that I can think of offhand. One of 'em is my brother ;)

Though I can't think of more than one Bob...

Voted for Inside View - make you a little happier, Trip? :D

Is there a 4th option? No? I went for Too Long Out, though I'd make it To Log Out instead. The I am Ed (I Am Ed?) is nice, but it reminds me too much of Sean Penn running out like a retard shouting "I am Sam, I am Sam." :D

Name your band "Free Beer" that way, whenever a bar says they're having Free Beer the place will be packed for your show.

Ehh....

I voted for "Inside View," but I really think you could come up with something better than these three. If you have to put it to a vote on a site with people who probably will never even hear your music, then that's not the name for you. You need to come up with something you guys like, that clicks immediately.

Cactus: How does your stuff sound like crap? What kinds of recording techniques did you use? An iMic is bound to be insufficient for good recording. You need a good, solid, professional microphone (at least 1!) and, if you can afford it, a small sound board to adjust the sound when you record it. Also, you need to make sure that you record in a sound-tight room, and, if possible, you should move the TiBook into a different room than you record in; the key here is minimizing noise. If you can afford it, find an inexpensive recording studio (maybe $40/hr) and record with them; however, you have less control over the overall sound this way.

Further, look for post-recording tools like mastering, sequencing, digital effects, etc. to use on your sounds. There is a lot you can do to a sound file after you have recorded it, everything from enhancing the bass to making it sound wobbly, underwater, or crackly.

There's an interesting phenomenon running through the bookstores nowadays. On just about every nonfiction aisle you can find "For Dummies" books. Look for "Recording for Dummies" or whatever it's called and see if it helps you.

Trip - i would hope you found something very meaningful out of this - that the names you are considering are not catchy, do not bring up any associations that people are naturally attracted to and are not going to do you much good as a marketing tool. oth, if your music is really that good, it probably wouldn't matter if you called yourself The White House. sometimes mistakes turn out to be real lessons. around here "i am herve" as always been synonymous with "none of the above". perhaps you should read "i am ed" as the same. ;)

Back