Web Browser Connection Problems

derf

Registered
I recently started having a problem connecting to the internet via any browser and I have been wracking my brain to no avail to fix the issue.

The computer connects to the internet fine, as I can still use AIM and play WOW on it without a problem. Any web browser I use cannot find the web page. It just stalls like it is trying to download something and eventually times out. I have tried several web pages, several browsers (safari, IE, firefox) all to no avail.

Occasionally when I open up the Network Utility program and do a port scan I am able to connect. This rarely functions, and it is starting to get more and more difficult to access the internet from that computer. I am about to do a complete reinstall, but I was hoping someone could save me the trouble.

Currently I am running OS X 10.3.9 on a powerbook G4.

This is Syed,

Seems like software issue. What you could try is
1) delete the cache folder from (Click) Mac HD - User account (with home symbol) - Library - Cache. You could trash this folder and then try.

2) Create a new user and then try the browser.

Thanks

Thanks for the info. I didn't think of the cache thing because it was happening to all of my browsers.

Clearing the cache out actually resolved the issue.

Back