Web design tech Poll

How many of you design-dandies can tech it up?

• No way dear, I is just da front-end sort of a guy!

• I'm tryin' my best goddammit, I'll catch up with all this PHP/MySQL business soon!

• 50-50, I really am just a techy-developer, with a sprinkling of design knowledge.

• Technophoile alll the way, sell technology, worry 'bout aesthetics later!

• I am ÜberDesigner, 100% quality design and 100% quality tech-developer, feel the muscle!

Results are only viewable after voting.

uoba

Re: member
Okay, seems as though we got us a design forum (didn't realise for a while there). Anyways, let's get a poll going:

The question is...

Of those of you who design for a living how many of you are 'in the know' technology wise.

I am a designer trained and feed, but thanks to the wonders of OSX, I am deep within the learning of PHP and MySQL and web server setting-up, etc.

;)

I am a self taught designer :p
At times I think that I dont have an artistic bone in my body....sometimes I think I am overly critical of what I design lol. I am a 50-50 kind of person, I need to know more, and I need to practice my design more :)

I design software - what does that count as? I try not to get my hands dirty in the coding pot though. UML is my palette.

R.

I am mostly front end. but I am trying to learn some more heavy duty back-end stuff. Maybe if I could get fricken PHP to work in X. (yes i went to the PHP/MySQL thread. I followed everything exactly, still no PHP).

i know NOTHING about HTML... i just work on the graphical edge! thank GOD for WYSIWYG! without it, i'd be lost...

but i'm gonna learn all that cool stuff when i get a mac...

Trained as a designer at school.... Taught myself Flash and HTML/Javascript... Taught myself PHP and MySQL... Currently learning After Effects...

check out www.visualrinse.com to see a good assortment of my stuff....

I guess I consider myself a technical designer.... not quite a developer, but certainly more than just a designer.

I certainly like making things look good more than actually writing code. :cool:

i like the text for the price in green quite a bit... i dunno about the shifting gradients for the button rollovers... it kinda looks like they're bein' pushed in, but not entirely... maybe just make the grey darker as you roll over 'em...

Back