Web page editor

b4tn

Registered
I cant find a good html editor. Composer is too simple and golive I dont like. So what is everyone else using? I really miss Page mill, that was the best IMO. It was easy to use had all the functions I needed. With Golive I cant even edit within a frames view! Any suggestions? Since I dont know jack about HTML programing, I rely on editors to do it for me.

Since I dont know jack about HTML programing, I rely on editors to do it for me.

To be more precise, you rely on WYSIWYG editors (WhatYouSeeIsWhatYouGet). If you're into working on your page... I mean, if it is at the point that you consider it one of your most practiced hobbies, I suggest you learn HTML and CSS (cascading style sheets).

CSS comes so handy if your website is made up of many webpages.... you modify something (color, text size, boldness, etc., etc.) in the external style sheet and the changes apply to your whole site.

Answering your question, before learning HTML I used the online editor that was offered to me through geocities.com For me, it got the job done. I also tried ClarisWorks Homepage and DreamWeaver. No opinion. I do know that people are told to keep away from FrontPage, if it's even available for macs. I hold the notion that WYSIWYG editors overuse deprecated "code"... experts........ am I wrong?

I am not a programmer. I have no intentions nor do I even desire to learn HTML. That is why I like the ditors so much. They are perfect for making my simple family pages. I just cant find a suitable one for 10.2

This is a personal opinion (from a HTML programmer, BTW):

Frontpage ………… Microsoft-like. Sh!tty.
Dreamweaver ………… annoying useless functions. Missing some media integration.
GoLive 6 ………… Simple, fast, complete, powerful.

Don't use frames, many browsers mess up with them. I recommend GoLive : I am very satisfied with it. It integrates well with other Adobe products, it has powerful W3C syntax checking, and quick preview systems.

http://www.adobe.com

I have used PageMill , Go Live and Claris Homepage. They all seemed to get the job done for me, simple stuff. Seems to me that another possibility would be Communicator or Mozilla. I have never used them but they are free. I suppose M$ Word would also be an alternative - save as web page.
my 2 cents
Andy

Is it just me, or are all the web designers (those that do know and actively use HTML code as well as a GUI) collectively screaming and slurring out obscenities as they read this thread? LOL :)

Back