Web publishing software options?

fongster

Registered
I'd heard about Pagemill but it's no longer available. What are some good inexpensive choices for web software. I am going to do only a simple page with like two links and no animation, etc. I heard ones like Dreamweaver aren't friendly and take a while to learn plus the cost is up there. Thanks.

You can choose from Netscape Communicator, AppleWorks (if you already have it), MS Word (again, if you have it)... all provide some basic drag-and-drop web design capabilities. There are shareware and commercial packages out there, but to be honest, for simple pages, the free solutions are much more attractive.

Bryan

There is a low-cost WYSiWYG web design program named "Web Design" and also one named "Pepper". You can search at www.versiontracker.com for them.

Not sure which is the better one, cause I use Dreamweaver and BBEdit for my web pages.

I would go with BBEdit too :) And GoLive if you have the money and the time to learn it. But if you are making a simple site like that... just use the Netscape webpage maker... or just swipe the source code from a site, and paste it into textedit.

Back