Web Server / Dreamweaver MX 2004

iCreate

Registered
Hello,

I am having a problem getting Dreamweaver MX 2004 to work with the Webserver that comes with MacOS X.

I have activated the webserver and can view my pages through it fine, but in Dreamweaver, I am trying to create a database driven website, however, when I try to add a database connection, I click on the + button but it simply depresses with no popup menu that I am familiar with on the PC version.

I have setup a Site through Dreamweaver, and have just installed the latest version of MySQL but that has not helped either.

I tried going to the Bindings tab, clicking on the + there (which works) and in the Create Recordset, I tried the Define button to get into the window that way however, the window does appear but all of the buttons are greyed out, so I can't add the connection that way either.

I was wondering what I am doing wrong, or whether there is an 'out-of-the-box' webserver available for the Mac like Firepages phpDev (www.firepages.com.au) which comes with Apache, MySQL and basically everything you need all setup, and whether that would help.

For your information I am running MacOS X 10.4.1, Dreamweaver MX 2004 (as previously mentioned), the latest version of MySQL (4.0.24-apple-darwin7.7.0-powerpc).

I have searched absolutly everywhere for this, but either nobody is having the same trouble as me or they havn't posted anywhere about it.

I have also tried creating the site and database connection on the PC version, which worked fine, and then copying it to the mac but when I open the page that connects to the database, Dreamweaver crashes (I had the same database setup on the Mac as on the PC so I wouldn't have to change anything).

Anyway, if anyone can help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

- Keir

Did you establish a mysql connection in the tab: database?

If so.. what settings did you use?

Can you "handcode" a piece of php (or asp dunno what's your thing) to test if the mysql server is running?

greetz

Hi Bo,

Thanks for replying. In answer to your question's.

Did you establish a mysql connection in the tab: database?
Unfortunatly, when I click on the + symbol in the Database tab, no menu appears as it does on the PC version so I am unable to create a connection using that method.

Can you "handcode" a piece of php (or asp dunno what's your thing) to test if the mysql server is running?
I tried the handcode method but Dreamweaver just hung and then exit itself when I tried to open the page containing the connection information.
Also, I have a GUI Application for configuring my databases/tables in MySQL and that is connecting without any problems.

Thanks again!

Iv'e had the same problems from time to time. I'm not sure why it happens, but to get around the problem i used MAMP Here It makes setting up PHP, MySql so easy, and it's FREE

Back