Webcam not connecting to Skype

Mahark

Registered
I purchased a Creative Live! Cam Notebook Pro for my Powerbook. I downloaded the macam driver and got it to work. The problem is that Skype doesn't recognize that the webcam is attached, even though I have it working and am looking at my own image on my desktop. I have gone into Skype preferences and have clicked "enable webcam" but when I click the drop down menu to choose my webcam, it is blank. It says there is not webcam installed.

How do I get Skype to find my webcam?

did you resolve your problem? I just got the same cam for my macbook .... works with macam but not with skype ... what can I do about it?

bark

To either of you - I encountered this issue with my Logitech QuickCam Go. Quite by chance, I learned that it would not recognise the camera, even with Macam installed, UNLESS the camera was on, light showing AND THEN Skype was activated. See if that works for you. Nowadays I leave the camera connected all the time because I forget otherwise, and then contacts who call can't see me (not a pretty sight anyway!!)

Footnote: since I updated Skype to the latest for OS X, the camera's throwing a hissy fit and not working. Must be the ducks nesting upside down underwater or something.

Back