webcam working with Panther

Barbam51

Registered
Hello, I am trying to find a webcam that I can use on my MacMini with Skype. I wish to be in contact with others using PCs.

I have tried a Logitech STX. I loaded the cd, have all the icons, but nothing opens up.

I had been to macam site to download the extra drivers, but I don't know where to find them now that they are loaded. I couldn't get anything to come up on screen.

I've taken the webcam back, now am stumped. I would like advice on what webcam can work & how to make it work without too much hassle with installing.

Upgrading from Panther is not an option at this stage, which seems to make things difficult, as there are webcams to work with earlier and later OS. Thankyou, Barbam

my stx works fine with macam, you'll find the icon in your applications folder. i'm on a powerbook w/os10.3.9. i nver used it on skype though. it works ok in ichat. i had to buy the stx cause my isight cam crapped out. i got lucky with apple, they are going to replace it for me. at a nominal fee of course. good luck....

Back