webserver kit??

itsglitzy

Registered
hi guys
i have installed webserver kit all in 1 php5, apache 2, mysql5... all works horray!! here is the dilemma i have installed phpmyadmin to build a simple db and link it to DW8 php page to get data using sqlconnection feature when i try to sleect my db i get an "unidentified error" i have found a help link http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_16515
and i can get to my phpini file but when i uncomment the "include path" as written nothing happens (this article is rather old thoigh) p./s the developer of webserver kit supplies min support so ive hunted hi and lo and got to here....any help please
mac g4 powerbook tiger 10.4.7 ppc

p.s
this where my ini file is

/usr/local/php5/lib/php.ini

and when i open it in terminal

i see

; UNIX: "/path1:/path2"
;include_path = ".:/php/includes" << in the article it says uncomment this

which i do but i still get the 'unidentified error'

The "unidentified error" thing would really concern me. I've played with that triplet of apps before and always got helpful error messages like "could not connect to database" , etc. Are errors to the screen turned on in the php.ini? Also, did you comb through all the apache, MySQL and PHP logfiles?

Can you connect directly to the database through a terminal?
Can you run other, unrelated, test php scripts?
If you think it's a path issue in php.ini, did you locate exactly where on the computer the php includes really are and then try that as the include_path?

hth, hopefully someone'll be along who's used that specific bundle of these apps.

Back