Weird Jaguar Porblem On WallStreet

CalSD

Registered
I have a WallStreet II running at 233Mhz with an 18Gb hard drive (5Gb partition for the OS) with 192Mb RAM. I used an older version of Norton Utilities Disk Doctor to defragment and optimize the hard drive in OS 9. OK... here is where the problem comes up... When I tried to reboot back into 10.2.8 it kicked me into my firmware and I had to tell it to exit. Then it would not recognize my OS! I tried to reinstall OS X and it would go through the 1st install CD but it would not eject the 1st disc on reboot asking for the 2nd disc like it did when I originally installed OS 10.2. When I tried to reboot, it would give me the circle with a slash through it and would not boot. :( Booting into OS 9 is fine! Any suggestions? Thanks in advance! :)

Reinstall - and get bloody rid of any Norton software. Norton software eats Macs for breakfast, lunch, dinner and in the middle of the night. They have a history of buggy releases, and whether the one release you're using is 'bug-free' is not a question, since the answer is 'no' in any case.

Plus: Using Norton in OS 9 on a drive that contains a Mac OS X system is a killer, anyway.

Reinstall, and get rid of that Norton package. It's no good.

Back