Weird Mail Header Problem

pomme-granite

Registered
I'm having a weird problem with my Mail headers. I added a bunch of fonts to Font Book last night, and applications started hanging and quitting. A corrupted font, right? So I removed all the fonts from my ~/Library/Fonts and /Library/Fonts folders, so I'm running only with the frew /System/Library/Fonts installed. Everything else works fine now, but I get this weird problem in Mail (see picture). The To and From header lines are a foot tall! When I change font or size in Mail Preferences, the To and From lines don't change. I've trashed and recreated all the .plist files in the ~/Library/Mail folder as well as com.apple.mail.plist in Preferences. If I choose Custom Headers and remove the To and From headers, everything looks fine. But if I add them back, they're still messed up. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 21
grrrr, im having the same issue! ive had this problem once before... long time ago. can't remember how i fixed it, but now i have a new mac and 2 weeks after setting it up, im having the same problem again.

is it a font thing?

cheers.

it is a font thing. using font book, i disabled all of my personal fonts and started turning on mac OS installed fonts... one group at a time. once i turned on the "PDF" fonts. the mail header issue was resolved.... upon further investigation and process of illimination. it is the "helvetica" within "PDF".

YEAH!

...OH, and it's the "courier" in "PDF" that shows the number of unread emails in the red dot in the doc.

hope this helps others.

cheers.

Back