weird mouse behaviour

wnowak1

Registered
I have a wierd issue with my mouse. I'll give a specific example that cascades to other tasks. I have safari open with tabs. I start closing tabs and then, clicking on the 'x', does nothing. I clicked 15 times and nothing. When this 'inactivity occurs', I have to slightly move the window and then I will be able to close the tab. This happens in other applications. It seems like the mouse looses calibration ? I am an experienced mouse user. I've tried other mice, same issue. Hardware: dual g5, 2 gb ram, 10.4.8

Any ideas ?

I've only seen this happen once, and it turned out to be not a problem with the mouse, but with the keyboard! When you hold certain control keys such as shift or alt, it changes the way the mouse behaves in much the way you describe. In the case I saw, a stuck Shift key was causing all sorts of mousy craziness.

Another possibility is a third-party extension, such as a themes program (eg: ShapeShifter) is not working correctly. Do you have any of these installed?

Thanks for the reply. I don't have any themes installed...
Sometimes hitting the close application button causes the window to minimize...I'd hate to format the system and start over ...

Back